Sunday 11 November 2007

this one's for Jackson

We dropped by Jackson the other day to see how he's getting on. He's in the thick of health issues at the moment as you know, and having to deal with the ignomony of being poked and prodded and shaved in ways that do not befit his station in life as Dude with Dignity.

And not only that, he's morphed into Val Doonican.

Now, I'm only a wee nipper - not even seven months old yet - so I don't have personal experience of Val. But my mum does, being a child of the sixties when tv choice was much more limited than today. Oh yes, family viewing in her day meant delights like the Val Doonican Show. She thought these events were long buried, but no! Thanks to Jackson, she's spent the last 24 hours singing "Walk Tall". Constantly. She's humming it in time with her footsteps on my walks. She can't stop! AArrrggg!! Here's a snippet:
" Walk tall, walk straight and look the world right in the eye
That's what my mama told me when I was about knee high..."

You get the picture.

Right now the whole family are going psycho, Mum included, because for the life of her she can't get rid of this earworm.

However, we realise this is ok becasue it keeps Jackson in our thoughts as he awaits his MRI scan. And as a fitting tribute, I got dressed up as another of those family favourites of that era, Nana Mouskouri.

Jackson, get better soon so she doesn't dress me up as Liberace or start singing Englebert Humperdink numbers.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Mojo, really sorry to have inflicted Val Doonican on you via your Mum. Still, it could have been worse; Demis Roussos, for example! I'm laughing out loud here at you as Nana Mouskouri! And I'm still walking tall...J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You really are a Nana M, look-a-like!!! LOL!
    As Jackson said it could be heaps worse...

    Pats & pets
    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! We've never heard of Nana Mouskouri but we have heard of Liberace! We want Jackson to get well soon but we also want to see you dress up at Liberace! Please, pretty please, Mojo! Laughing is the best medicine and we all could use some of that, especially Jackson!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mojo,

    I agree with Maggie and Mitch, I would love to see you dress up like Liverace. That would be too funny and remember, they say laughter is the best medicine, so I'm sure it would help Jackson feel better. Just a thought....

    Your pal,
    Kirby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did someone mention liver?? As in dinner??? Ur gonna dress up like a piece of liver, Mojo???

    I feel confoosed.

    We are also sending pawsitive thoughts to Jackson...Seymour, his wheeled stuffie is causing mayhem and havoc in our house. Do NOT go to our blog and look at the pix he posted. I am humiliated beyond belief.

    You look fab in those glasses, Moj...having trouble reading up close at 7 months, huh?? Do dales have eye problems at such a young age? At least the glasses should help.

    Wiry barks, Scruffy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mojo!!

    I LOVE Englebert Humperdink (thanks to my girl). He is greatly undervalued in the music world. (One of my dale predecessors was named Bert, but was called Englebert whenever my girl felt the need to really get his attention).

    I will have to check into who this Nan Mouskouri is. She looks intriguing.

    Goober love,
    Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Mojo
    We all want Jackson to get better soon and I love your way to support him!
    Have a good night
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  8. PL2 is cracking up and saying"OMG remember Nana M??"And she thinks you look just like her!!!! Huuumans!! Love A+A

    ReplyDelete